If you are an existing user, IRCTC Login procedure is simple and straight forward. Just click on the link illustrated below to access the IRCTC login page.
Alternatively you can just browse to https://www.irctc.co.in, Enter your username and password. You may also use the mobile app without browsing through a web browser for IRCTC login or sign in portal.
IRCTC Registration Procedure
Registration/Sign-up process is quite simple and straight forward. Just follow the simple illustrated instructions below. It only takes a few minutes for the complete procedure.
- Go to www.IRCTC.co.in and click on the Signup link sported below the login page.
- Fill in the mandatory details such as your Residence Address, Phone Number, Country, Personal details and choose your desired subscriptions and specials offers for mailing list.
- After completing the IRCTC registration form as depicted in the image above, Hit the Submit button.
- You need to verify the authenticity of your e-mail address, by clicking on the confirmation link sent to your e-mail account inbox.
- After verification, you can login or sign in to your IRCTC account and go ahead with ticket booking and reservation procedure.
Note: IRCTC Account Registration is closed between 7 AM – 11 AM due to server maintenance purpose (It is the Tatkal ticket Registration period). You are free to register at any other time.
IRCTC Booking Process
You can book train tickets online in general quota as well as Tatkal quota (Opened 3 days prior to the journey date), in addition to checking train schedule and availability.
- You have to IRCTC sign in to your account using your Username and Password.
- You will be directed to the Plan my Travel page.
- You have to enter the From station and To (Destination) station, the date of journey, Ticket type (E-Ticket or I-Ticket) and Quota Type-General reservation or Tatkal reservation.
- General reservation will commence 60 days before the journey date and Tatkal reservation will commence one day before the starting date of the train at the origin station.
- After entering Origin and Destination stations, Then click on ” Find Trains” using IRCTC login servers.
- You will be directed to a new page where all the available trains on that particular date will be displayed.
- Then select your desired Train and the class of journey (Sleeper/ General/ Chair Car / Air Conditioned).
- Booking availability status will be instantaneously displayed. Then click on the ” Book” button.
- A new page will be displayed, where you need to enter the details of passengers such as Name, Sex, Age, Berth preference.
- You will be directed to the IRCTC payment Gateway, where payment can be made. Once the payment is done, the reservation ticket will be displayed.
- You can check your ticket through Booking history in the IRCTC login page.
- You can take a printout of the ticket to verify your reservation, Alternatively you can show the SMS message received on your mobile.
For portable access, you can download the IRCTC login mobile app, available for Android and iOS as well. If you are accessing the website through Smartphone, UC Browser and Opera Mini are most recommended browsers.
A good internet connection and processing power is recommend due to the poor response time, it is sometimes virtually impossible to access the irctc login page during Tatkal registration period. Feel free to contact us, if you face any trouble while following the instructions.